Super visa is given to parents and grandparents of the citizens and permanent residents of Canada who wants to visit Canada. This is a new option provided from December 1, 2011. This visa is valid for 10 years and will allow the applicant to remain in Canada up to 2 years at a time without renewing the status of the visa.
Super Visa Requirements The Applicant Must Satisfy
- The applicant must be the parent or grandparent of a permanent resident or Canadian citizen
- The applicant should be admissible to Canada
- The applicant should have ties with their home country
- The applicant should mention the purpose of their visit
- The applicant’s family and financial status will be considered
- The economic and political stability of the home country will be considered
- Should provide written commitment regarding the financial support
- Should prove that the applicant has medical insurance coverage for min. 1 year
- Should complete the immigration medical examination.
Steps To A Super Visa Application:
- First determine the way you want to apply for the visa either by yourself or with the help of a firm
- Get the application package which includes the application forms and required documents
- Pay the applicable government fees
- Submit your application properly after checking it twice for any errors
- Check the process times. The application processing time will be a few weeks depending on the visa office
- Prepare your arrival by contacting the Canadian hosts and plan your stay properly.