Study in UK

General student visa (Tier 4)

Apply for a General student visa (Tier 4) to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over – eligibility, extend or switch your visa, how much it costs and how long it takes.

Short-term study visa

Apply for a Short-term study visa (also known as a Short-term student visa) for a short course of study or training in the UK – fees, eligibility, documents you need and how to apply

Permitted study when visiting the UK

Guidance on the study you can do whilst in the UK with a General, Business or Family Visitor.

Repaying your student loan

When you start repaying your student loan, your monthly repayments, what to do if you have 2 jobs or are self-employed, how to get a refund if you’ve overpaid.

Child student visa (Tier 4)

Apply for a Child student visa (Tier 4) to study in the UK if you’re under 18 – eligibility, documents, how to apply, extend or switch, how long it takes and how much it costs.

Studying (modernised guidance)

This collection brings together the modernised guidance about studying in the UK used by UK Visas and Immigration.

Study of the UK petroleum retail market

A report for DECC by Deloitte, comissioned to conduct a study of the UK petroleum retail market..

Studying in the European Union after Brexit

Advice for students, school leavers and UK nationals who want to start or continue higher education study in any European Union (EU) country after the UK leaves the EU.

Studying abroad: travel grants for students (England)

Travel grants for students including medical and dental students – travel costs, Erasmus placements, how to apply, eligibility, travel expenses forms

Doctoral Loan

Get a postgraduate doctoral loan to help fund a full-time or part-time master’s degree: find out if you’re eligible and how much you can get