Immigration Blogs

Canadian Immigration Blogs

Read blogs about Canada, Immigration Canada, and how to come to Canada.

Study Permits

Do you want to have the opportunity to study in Canada? Are you unsure of the process and want to learn about it? If you have answered yes to any of these questions don’t worry as many students get stuck at this point as well. Obtaining a study permit is a lengthy process with multiple requirements that an applicant must complete.


A study permit is a physical document that the government of Canada issues which allows foreign nationals to partake in studies at designated learning institutions (DLI) within Canada. One important piece of information when dealing with study permits is that it isn’t a visa, and one should apply before one travels to Canada.

Immigrating to Canada as a Self-employed individual

There is a wide array of options that are made available to you to help you immigrate into Canada. Most of the time you are required to obtain a valid job offer for you to apply successfully. However, the application process becomes a bit more complicated when an individual is applying who are self-employed. If this bring concern to you there is no need to worry as this blog will give you answers to any of the questions that you may have.


Just as the name entails, the self-employed persons program is a program run by the government of Canada that allows individuals to immigrate, permanently, to Canada as a self-employed person. If this program brings interest to you, you must:

Work and Travel in Canada as a Youth

As you may know, Canada has many tourist hotspots that attract foreign travelers to visit. For example, Banff National Park, Niagara Falls, Toronto’s CN Tower, Whistler, and many more. There are also many young individuals who want to work in Canada, while having the ability and opportunity to visit the aforementioned tourist hotspots. If you are a young individual who wants to work and travel in Canada, you definitely have the opportunity to do so. The Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada has introduced the International Experience Canada Program that allows youth to travel and work in Canada. In this blog, you will learn relevant information about the International Experience Canada Program.


The International Experience Canada Program, as previously mentioned, is a program that allows youth to travel and work in Canada temporarily. Citizens of countries with a bilateral Youth Mobility Arrangement with Canada who are between 18 and 35 years old may be eligible for the International Experience Canada Program applications. There are three types of travel and work experience under the International Experience Canada Program: Working Holiday, Young Professionals, and International Co-op Internships.

Having a Spouse with Criminal Record

In order to ensure the security of every Canadian citizen and permanent resident, the immigration officers are vigilant when it comes to accessing foreign nationals’ admissibility. If you have a spouse who has a criminal record, he or she may be denied entry to Canada. Furthermore, this inadmissibility will prevent you from successfully sponsoring your spouse. Fear not, you still have an option to sponsor a spouse with criminal record. Before applying for spousal sponsorship, there is a need to overcome your spouse’s criminality, depending on the nature of the crime and what sentence they received. In this blog, you will learn about how criminal rehabilitation can help you in the process of sponsoring a spouse with criminal record.


One of the most important steps prior to sponsoring a spouse with criminal record is to have the spouse’s criminal record expunged, obtain Criminal Rehabilitation, or be deemed rehabilitated. Rehabilitation means that you lead a stable lifestyle and that you are unlikely to be involved in any further criminal activities.

How to get started – International Experience Canada

Citizenship judge code of conduct