CANADIAN IMMIGRATION ANALYSIS
Many people come to us wanting to enter Canada but have no idea how to do so. We are often asked, what are my options? What is the best way for me and my family to come to Canada? How can I stay in Canada? What is the best application?
This is not necessarily an easy questions to answer as all applications have their own merits depending on the uniqueness of your situation as well as what you hope to accomplish in Canada.
We have dealt with hundreds of immigration cases. We have helped our clients in their difficult situations and have guided them to draft a more effective application. We can help you draft your application and arrange the required documents. A well-planned and complete application will increase your likelihood of acceptance and will save your from hassle.
If you are worried about the legal fees – Don’t be! Our goal is to help everyone that is interested in immigrating to Canada. Contact us and we can provide numerous options for you. You can also purchase our very affordable Do it Yourself Immigration Kit which details everything for you. If you are still not sure, feel free to get back to us. We will review your case before you submit it to give you the best possible outcome.
Applying – General
Determining your eligibility
- What immigration programs can I apply for?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How can I determine whether I can apply for permanent residence?
- How long must I stay in Canada to keep my permanent resident status?
Completing an application form
- How do I fill out an immigration application?
- What is my client ID?
- What is a UCI?
- Where can I find my client ID/UCI?
- I forgot my client ID/UCI. How can I get it?
- When will I get my client ID/UCI?
- What do you mean by surname?
- I don’t know what dates to put in the history section on my immigration form. What do I do?
- I don’t have enough space on the form to explain everything. What should I do?
- What if some of the questions on the application form don’t apply to me?
- How do I fill out my application for a citizenship certificate if I don’t know everything about my parents or grandparents?
- How do I apply for an open work permit?
- What language should my supporting documents be in?
- If I am not using a representative, do I need to send a blank Use of a Representative form?
- What should I do if I want my spouse, family member or friend to check on my application for me?
- How can I get my immigration application processed faster?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- If my immigration application is refused, do I have to wait before I apply again?
- Can my friend or family member handle my immigration or citizenship application for me?
- How can I get help with my application?
Paying application fees
- How can I pay my application fees?
- How do I pay online?
- How do I reset my password for the online payment system?
- Can I pay my fees at a bank in Canada?
- Is my payment receipt form (IMM 5401) still valid?
- How can I get a copy of my receipt after paying my fees?
- I can’t access my online payment account to get a copy of my receipt. What can I do?
- Why is my online payment being refused?
- I tried to pay online but it was incomplete. Why is it showing on my bank statement?
- How do I pay online if I don’t have a credit card or a bank account?
- Can someone else pay for my fees?
- What browsers can I use to pay online?
- What is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee?
Submitting an application
- How do I submit my application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- I was told that my permanent resident card was sent to me but I did not get it yet. What should I do?
- I legally changed my name. How do I update my PR card?
- How can I get help with my application?
- If I need the documents I mailed in, how will you return them to me if IRCC isn’t using Canada Post mail services?
- I don’t have a document I need to submit. What should I do?
- How can I find a doctor to do my immigration medical exam?
- Why do I need a medical examination?
- How long will my application take if I need a medical exam?
- I had additional medical exam requirements. How long will it take before the results are available?
- How can I check on the status of my medical exam results?
- Can I have a medical exam done in advance to speed up my application?
- I’m pregnant. Can I wait until after I give birth to take the medical exam?
- I have applied for permanent residence. My spouse or partner and children are not coming with me. Do they need to get a medical exam?
- I want to work in a job that requires a medical exam, but I already have my work permit. What do I do?
- Why do I need to get a police certificate?
- When should I submit a police certificate?
- What if I can’t get a police certificate for my immigration application?
- Do I need to get a police certificate for my time in Canada?
- Are there any countries where I should get police certificates from before applying for immigration?
- My police certificate is not in English or French. Do I need to send a translation?
- What is an affidavit for a translation?
- How do I give my fingerprints and get a RCMP criminal records check from inside or outside Canada?
Changing your address
- How can I change my address or contact information for my immigration or citizenship application?
- What is the difference between the Change of Address and the Address Notification online services?
- Who can use the Change of Address and the Address Notification online services?
- Who cannot use the Change of Address online service?
- Can I email my new address to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)?
- How long does it take for a new or updated address to appear online?
- Why does it take 5 business days for address changes to appear online?
- I am in Canada temporarily, as a worker, visitor or student. Why can’t I change my address online?
- When should I tell Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that I am moving?
- How can I check that my address has been updated?
- I have changed my address online but I can’t see the changes. What should I do?
- How can I change the address of other people who were included in my immigration or citizenship application?
- Do I have to enter a change of address for each dependant?
- Do I have to enter an address notification for each dependant?
- Which applicants can access the Change of Address or the Address Notification online service?
- I live outside Canada. Can I use the Change of Address or the Address Notification online services to update my mailing or home address?
- I changed my address in CAS. Do I need to change it in Change of Address or Address Notification, too?
- If I remove my application status from the Internet on CAS, can I still use Change of Address or Address Notification?
- I can’t access Change of Address or Address Notification. What should I do?