Conjugal Partner

The conjugal sponsorship category is a testament to Canada’s commitment of understanding and consideration when it comes to family unification. Eligible permanent residents and Canadian citizens who qualify to sponsor a Conjugal Partner may facilitate their conjugal partner for permanent resident status.

Conjugal Sponsorship Undertaking

When you agree to be a sponsor, you must sign a contract called an undertaking with the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. The undertaking is a promise to provide financial support for your conjugal partner’s basic requirements and those of his or her dependent children. This also includes other health care not provided by public health, such as eye and dental care. The undertaking ensures that these persons and their family members do not have to apply for social assistance. Its length varies according to their age and their relationship to you.

Sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child – Complete Guide (IMM 5289)

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Sponsor your spouse, common-law partnerconjugal partner or dependent child – Complete Guide (IMM 5289) Print Table of Contents Before you apply Your obligations as a sponsor Become a sponsor Who you can sponsor Criminality Things that may affect you Sponsors living in Quebec