Off Campus Work Permit Canada
The off campus work permit is an exclusive program in Canada which is designed for students studying in Canada from abroad. The off campus work permit will allow the abroad student to work off the campus while studying in Canada.
Qualifications For The Off Campus Work Permit:
In order to get qualified for the off campus work permit, the following are the basic requirements:
- The student must be enrolled as a full time student in a public funded post- secondary institution or
- The student must be enrolled as a full time student in an approved program at an eligible education institution which is funded privately.
The off campus work permit will give you the authorization to work up to twenty hours per week. This limit is only on regular workingacademic sessions. The applicant can work full time if he gets a schedule academic break like winter holidays and summer holidays or a spring break. You should remember that the work permit will not guarantee any jobs in Canada. Even when you work off campus, your main reason to stay in Canada should still be the education.
Determining Your Eligibility To The Off Campus Work Permit:
- Possess a study permit
- Should be studying at a participating and eligible institution
- Should have been a full time enrolled student and should be in education for at least 6 months out of twelve months.
- Should have satisfying academic results
Non-Eligibility Factors To Off Campus Work Permits:
- If the applicant is a visiting or exchange student
- If registered in an academic program with English or French as a second language
- If the applicant is a participant in DFAIT
- If participating in Canada and china scholars exchange program
- If the applicant is a participant in American state fellowship program
- If the applicant is receiving funds from CIDA.