The New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program, or NBPNP, is one of Canada’s Provincial Nominee Programs, or PNPs. Through the NBPNP, New Brunswick can nominate new immigrants to Canada based on local needs.
If you’re looking for the perfect place to build a career or raise a family, New Brunswick might be the perfect Canadian immigration option.
Express Entry candidates are among those who may benefit from provincial nomination under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program.
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program streams
See below for currently available NBPNP streams.
- Express Entry Labour Market Stream: For Express Entry candidates. Criteria for this stream has changed previously, and may do so again. Successful applicants obtain 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points and an invitation to apply (ITA) at a subsequent draw from the Express Entry pool.
- Skilled Worker with Employer Support: For applicants with an eligible job offer in New Brunswick.
- Entrepreneurial stream: For international entrepreneurs who want to establish and manage a business in New Brunswick.
- Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial stream: For graduates of New Brunswick institutions who go on to start a business in the province.
If you studied in New Brunswick and have an active business in the province, you might be a prime candidate for immigration to Canada through the New Brunswick Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial stream, part of the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP).
Here’s the eligibility criteria:
- Be between 22-40 years of age.
- Have a score of at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in speaking, listening, reading and writing competencies in English or French, proven with a language test (IELTS-General, CELPIP-General or TEF).
- Have completed a full-time New Brunswick post-secondary degree or diploma for at least two years (15 hours of class per week) from a recognized university or community college.
- Have resided in New Brunswick during the academic program (no distance-learning programs or compressed academic programs are eligible).
- Have owned and operated a business in New Brunswick for at least one full year (100% ownership of business equity).
- Have a valid post-graduation work permit.
- Demonstrate intent and ability to settle in New Brunswick.
- Have a minimum score of 65 out of 100 in the points assessment grid.
The New Brunswick Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial stream operates on an Expression of Interest (EOI) basis, whereby candidates must create a profile and receive an invitation to apply before they may apply to the NBPNP for provincial nomination.
New Brunswick Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial stream EOI points grid
The first step is to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) form. An EOI is reviewed based on the following factors: age, language, education, work experience, the economic benefit of the business (to New Brunswick), and adaptability.