Federal Skilled Trade Workers program is one of the Federal government programs approved for Express Entry. This is a program for people who would like to become Permanent Residents based on their qualifications in a skilled trade. You must use the Express Entry system to come to Canada as a Federal Skilled Trade worker. You must meet the eligibility requirements, skilled work experience, education, and language abilities to qualify.
To be eligible for this program you must:
- Plan to live outside Quebec
- Meet the required levels in English or French for all language ability (writing, listening, speaking, and writing).
- Have full-time work experience of at least two years (or equal amount of pat-time work experience) within five years before applying.
- Meet the job requirement as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) for that skilled trade, except for needing a certificate of qualification, and
- Have at least one year of full-time employment or certificate qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority.
Full- time employment means that you worked for at least 30 hours per week for two years in your skilled trade within five years prior to your application.
Full time work: 30 hours/week for 12 months=1 year full time (1,560hours)
Part time: 15 hours/week for 24 months =1 year full time (1,560 hours)
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job =1 year full time (1,560 hours).
You can only have two employers commit to employing you for a minimum of one year of continuous full-time work of at least 30 hours of work per week.