The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is one of the pathways to Permanent Residence. You must apply through the Express Entry System to be considered for the CEC. Top ranking candidates are chosen in the Express Entry pool, and are given an invitation to apply for Permanent Residence. In order to apply you must meet the minimum requirements, have Skilled Work Experience, and meet the language ability requirements.
You must meet the following:
- You must be admissible to Canada
- Have a minimum of 12 months full-time Experience or an equal amount in part time skilled work experience in Canada three years before you apply,
- Have gained experience in Canada with proper authorization.
- Meet the required language levels required for your job
- Plan to live outside of Quebec
Any work experience gained while you were self-employed and/or a full-time student does not count.